The ABC’s of meditation
When you start to meditate there are a few basic things it is helpful to know.
1. It is best if you can have a place to meditate every day. The best thing is if you have a spare room you can use just for meditation. Otherwise just make a place in your bedroom, which you use just for meditation.
2. Its good to use incense, flowers and a candle to inspire you. (Use a night-light or make sure you blow the candle out when you leave the room to avoid accidents!)
3. Before you meditate it is helpful to have a shower or bath.
4. Its best if you can wear clean, comfortable & light colored clothing.
5. It is important to have the back upright and body relaxed. You can sit on a chair or sit on a cushion on the floor.
6. Its not a good idea to lie down as you may fall asleep.
7. You need to meditate at least once a day to make progress.
8. Do not meditate until at least two hours after a big meal. (If you feeling hungry you can drink a glass of milk or juice)
9. It is best to meditate before 7am around 6am is ideal. The evening is also a good time.
10. It is best to pick a time and meditate at that time every day.
If you follow these guidelines you should be of to a good start with your daily meditation practice.